County of Volusia
Thomas C. Kelly
123 W. Indiana Ave.
DeLand, FL 32720-4612
Joyce Cusack is the At-Large Representative on the Volusia County Council. Her district includes all of Volusia County. She began a four-year term in January 2011.
- Florida House of Representatives, 2000-2008
- Democratic Health and Families Council Lead, 2004-2006
- Democratic Leader pro tempore, 2006-2008
- Board member, Bethune-Cookman University
- Board member, Boys & Girls Clubs of Volusia and Flagler Counties
- Board member, Community Outreach Services
- Adviser to Board of Directors, Daytona Beach Community College west campus
- Member, DeLand Aviation/Industry Task Force
- Chair, DeLand City Commission Citizens Advisory Task Force
- Chair, District 12 Health and Human Services Board, Department of Children and Family Services
- Board member, Florida Hospital DeLand
- Member, Florida Bar Grievance Committee C for Seventh Judicial Circuit
- Board member, United Way of Volusia-Flagler Counties
- Lifetime member, NAACP
- Board member, DeLand Economic Development Board, 1992-1996
- Board member, Health and Human Services Board
- Board member, American Heart Association
- Athens Business and Professional Women
- DeLand Chamber of Commerce
- DeLand Circle of Partners
- Florida Nurses Association
Ms. Cusack received an associate degree in nursing from Daytona Beach State College in 1971 and a bachelor’s degree in psychology from Saint Leo University in 1981. She received an honorary doctorate of law degree from Bethune-Cookman University in 2008.
Ms. Cusack worked as a registered nurse for more than 30 years before retiring. She served in the Florida House of Representatives for eight years.
Ms. Cusack was born in New Smyrna Beach and lives in DeLand. She and her husband, Charles Cusack Jr., were married for 47 years before his death. She has two daughters and three granddaughters and is a member of the Greater Union First Baptist Church in DeLand.