District 4 Representative
County of Volusia
Thomas C. Kelly
123 W. Indiana Ave.
DeLand, FL 32720
Doug Daniels is the District 4 representative on the Volusia County Council. His district includes Northeast Volusia County and the eastern edge of Northwest Volusia County. He began a four-year term in January 2013.
- Board member, Associated Industries of Florida
- Board member, Community Partnership for Children
- Volusia County Charter Review Commissions
- Board member, Coalition for the Homeless
- Board member, UCF Business Incubator at Daytona Beach International Airport
- Board member, Volusia Forever
- Leadership Florida
- Florida TaxWatch
- Daytona Beach Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Ormond Beach Chamber of Commerce
- Ormond Beach Historical Society
- Holly Hill Chamber of Commerce
Mr. Daniels graduated from the Florida State University College of Law, earning membership in the Order of the Coif, an honorary society recognizing integrity and high academic achievement.
Mr. Daniels is a business transaction and business litigation attorney with his office at 444 Seabreeze Blvd., Suite 645, Daytona Beach, Fla.
He has a varied legal practice. He has represented developers seeking to redevelop the tourist industry in Daytona Beach and investors pursuing business opportunities in China, Australia, Kazakhstan, South Korea, Japan, Guatemala and Costa Rica. He also handles litigation cases in both state and federal courts. He headed the lobbying and public relations campaign to repeal Florida’s ban on offshore oil drilling, representing several independent oil producers.
Mr. Daniels was born and raised in Havana, Fla., a small town outside of Tallahassee. He lives in Ormond Beach and is married to Angela Daniels. He has three daughters, Samantha, Rebecca and Rosemary.