Vice Chair, District 1 Representative
County of Volusia
Thomas C. Kelly
123 W. Indiana Ave.
DeLand, FL 32720
Pat Patterson is the Vice Chair and District 1 representative on the Volusia County Council. His district includes the incorporated areas of DeLand, Orange City, DeBary, Lake Helen and Pierson; and the unincorporated areas of DeLeon Springs, Emporia, Volusia, Seville, Barberville and surrounding areas. He began a four-year term in 2014.
Florida House of Representatives, 1998 to 2000 and 2002 to 2010
- Chair of the Community Colleges and Workforce Committee, 2004 to 2006
- Chair of the Ethics and Elections Committee, 2006 to 2008
- Chair of the Insurance, Business Regulation and Financial Affairs Committee, 2008 to 2010
- Vice Chair of the Education Innovation Committee, 1998 to 2000
- Vice Chair of the Transportation Committee, 2002 to 2004
- Served on committees in the areas of Transportation and Economic Development, Education K-12, Higher Education, Veterans Affairs and AppropriationsVolusia County Council, 1995 to 1998
Volusia County Council, 1995 to 1998, 2013 to present
- Chair, 1997
- Vice Chair, 1996, 2015 to 2016
Board of Trustees, Florida Hospital Fish Memorial
Quality Board, Florida Hospital Fish Memorial
Past board member, The House Next Door
Florida Chamber of Commerce: "A" Honor Roll, 2003 through 2009
Florida Assn. for Career and Technical Education: Legislator of the Year, 2006
PBA Lawrence "Ed" Hoffman: Legislative Champion Award, 2006
Florida Insurance Council: Legislator of the Year Award, 2010
American Legion Post No. 127
BPO Elks DeLand Lodge No. 1463
DeLand Chamber of Commerce
Daytona Regional Chamber of Commerce
Lake Winnemissett Civic Association
West Volusia Republican Club
Westminster-by-the-Sea Presbyterian Church, Daytona Beach Shores
Mr. Patterson attended Florida Atlantic University, where he earned a bachelor’s degree in Education in 1976 and a master’s degree in Education Early Childhood/Administration and Supervision in 1978.
He served in the U.S. Navy from 1969 to 1973 aboard the USS Newport LST 1179 and USS Opportune ARS 41.
Owner and agent, Pat Patterson Insurance Agency
Mr. Patterson was born in West Palm Beach in 1948 and lived in St. Lucie County from 1957 to 1985, when he moved to Volusia County. He lives in DeLand with his wife, Anne Coggeshall Patterson. They have four children – Jennifer, Andy, Denise and Dorian – and eight grandchildren.