District 3 Representative
County of Volusia
Thomas C. Kelly
123 W. Indiana Ave.
DeLand, FL 32720-4612
Deborah Denys is the District 3 representative on the Volusia County Council. Her district includes Port Orange, a small area of South Daytona, New Smyrna Beach, Edgewater and Oak Hill. She began a two-year term in January 2013.
- Member, Volusia County School Board, 1994 to 1998
- Vice Chair, Volusia County Children and Families Advisory Board, 2005 to 2009
- Chair, Early Learning Coalition of Flagler and Volusia, 2005 to 2010
- Chair, Systems Development for Early Learning Association of Chairs, 2009
- Guardian Ad Litem
- Member, Habitat for Humanity, Family Selection Committee
- Member, Healthy Start Service Delivery Plan
- Southeast Volusia Chamber of Commerce
- Former board member
- Former chair and co-chair of the Education Council
- Co-founder Crystal Apple Awards
- Board member, Junior Achievement
- Graduate, Leadership Southeast Volusia, 2001
- Ms. Denys has bachelor’s degrees in Elementary Education and Business Management and Administration.
- Ms. Denys retired as a registered insurance agent and licensed securities dealer with MetLife. During her career, she earned the professional designation of “Fellow” from the Life Underwriters Training Council.
- Ms. Denys and her husband, George, have four children between them – Jonathan, Brian, Linda and Gerard – and 11 grandchildren. They share their New Smyrna Beach home with their golden retriever and yorkie.