Volusia County's agricultural history
Volusia County’s farm and ranch families produce a bounty of agricultural products, managing a large portion of our county's land base and serving as caretakers of our natural resources and diverse ecosystems.
- The annual economic impact of Volusia County's agriculture and natural resources industries is $781 million, representing 3 percent of the county’s economic activity.
- The county’s 1,114 farms cover more than 229,000 acres and produce agricultural products including fruit, vegetables, honey, cattle, hay, sod, fish, timber and plants.
We have the answers. Do you have a burning desire to learn more about the benefits of firewise communities and how to manage wildlife or farm life? From cows to sows, pastures to plows, we have the answers. Whether you have a small farm or a booming agri-business, we can answer your commercial agricultural questions.
Livestock email list
Subscribe to our email list by clicking here and adding your email address.
County fact sheets
Butterlweed Cressleaf Groundsel
Toxic weed alert: Creeping indigo
2015 pasture weed management resources
Inoculating legumes before planting
Florida mandatory cattle identification - How to get it done
Developing a controlled, seasonal breeding program - Cattle
Census of Agriculture
Eastern equine encephalitis (EEE)
Florida Equine Institute & Allied Trade Show
8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sept. 15, 2016
Southeastern Livestock Pavilion
2232 N.E. Jacksonville Road, Ocala
CFLAG Hay Field Day
8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sept. 21, 2016
Clegg Sod Farm, 10169 CR 304, Bunnell
2014 USDA Farm Bill Programs applicable to Volusia County
Tree Assistance Program - Florida citrus greening
Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services announces longleaf pine incentives for landowners
Emergency Assistance for Livestock, Honeybees and Farm-Raised Fish Program
ELAP - Honeybee assistance
Livestock Forage Disaster Program (LFP)
Livestock Indemnity Program (LIP)
Creeping indigo presentation and materials:
- Pasture weed management resources [PDF]
- Information from Dr. Ferrell [PDF]
- Information from Dr. House [PDF]