Registration is now open
Click here to register online
Volunteers are needed for the 21st annual St. Johns River Cleanup, which will take place from 8 to 11 a.m. Saturday, April 22, 2017.
Boaters, scouts, civic organizations, environmental groups, businesses and individual volunteers are encouraged to join in the effort to remove trash and debris from the St. Johns River. Participants should bring water and wear sunglasses, a hat, sunscreen, work gloves and comfortable clothing. They may also bring rakes, shovels, trash grabbers, and canoes or boats. For groups: Only one person needs to register with the total number of participants per group. If you are part of a large group, please contact your group leader and sign in with them. If are the group leader, please register with an estimated number of participants, then call the office with the official number in your group the week of the clean up.
Volunteers can choose from eight starting points:
- Lake George/Ninemile Point Park - West end of Ninemile Point Road, Pierson [Walkers, kayaks, canoes only]
- DeLeon Springs State Park - 601 Burts Park Road, DeLeon Springs [Walkers and boats] [CLOSED]
- Ed Stone Park - 2990 W. State Road 44, DeLand [Walkers and boats]
- Lake Beresford Park – 2100 Fatio Road, DeLand [Walkers only] [CLOSED]
- French Avenue boat launch/Starks Landing - Where French Avenue meets the St. Johns River, Orange City [Walkers and boats] [CLOSED]
- Lake Monroe Park - 975 S. U.S. 17-92, DeBary [Walkers and boats] [CLOSED]
- Lemon Bluff boat ramp - 907 Lemon Bluff Road, Osteen [Walkers and boats]
- C.S. Lee Park - 4600 East S.R. 46, Geneva (Seminole County) [Walkers and boats]
The annual cleanup, coordinated by Volusia County’s Environmental Management Division, draws attention to the river’s environmental importance and helps to keep the waterway safe and clean for animals and people who enjoy swimming and water sports. To view a map of the 8 locations please click here.
For more information and a registration form, visit www.volusia.org/cleanup or call Joan Coil at 386-736-5927, ext. 12729 or Kathy Ebding at ext. 12090. Pre-registered participants will receive beach towels and buckets.
Make every day "St. Johns River Cleanup Day" - bring back a bag of trash every time you go to the river! Support the river all year long with a new specialty license tag.