April 12, 2014
8 to 11:00 a.m.
WE ARE NO LONGER TAKING RESERVATIONS FOR THIS EVENT. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHOW UP AT ONE OF THE CLEAN UP LOCATIONS.
In conjunction with National River Cleanup, the next St. Johns River Cleanup will be from 8:00AM to 11:00AM.
Pre-registered participants will receive a free T-shirt. Plastic bags and gloves will be supplied at each site.
Volunteers should wear comfortable clothing and closed-toe shoes and bring work gloves. Rakes, shovels and trash grabbers may be helpful but not necessary. Steps should be taken to protect yourself from the sun. Bottled water is a good idea to bring.
Volunteers with vessels who can get on the river are welcome also. Tires, white goods (appliances, electronics) and hazardous waste will be piled separately from other trash.
For more information concerning the event, contact Darrell Abrahamson at 386-736-5927, ext. 12424.
Cleanup sites are:
- Ninemile Point Park, at the west end of Ninemile Point Road, Pierson
- Butler Street Boat Ramp - east end of street in Astor, Lake County
- DeLeon Springs State Park, 601 Burts Park Road, DeLeon Springs
- Ed Stone Park, 2990 W. State Road 44, DeLand
- French Avenue boat launch / Starks Landing, where French Avenue meets the St. Johns River, Orange City
- Lake Monroe Park, 975 S. U.S. 17-92, DeBary
- Lemon Bluff boat ramp, 907 Lemon Bluff Rd., Osteen
- Lake Harney Woods Subdivision, end of Boat Ramp Rd
Cleanup registration form
Make every day "St. Johns River Cleanup Day" - bring back a bag of trash every time you go to the river! Support the river all year long with a new specialty license tag.