Commercial permits

New Hurricane Matthew Permits
Hurricane Matthew Storm Damage Permits
The County will waive application, permit and plan review fees for repair and reconstruction of residential and commercial structures that sustained damage directly related to Hurricane Matthew.  The Hurricane Damage Verification Affidavit will need to be completed and submitted with each permit.


For all contractor licensing questions and information contact the county's contractor licensing office.

Non-residential projects and multifamily (three units or more) residential complexes in the unincorporated county area will need to use the forms shown below.  Most commercial buildings will need a Development Review before a building permit application can be submitted.  Before starting the permit application for your project, verify that Zoning regulations allow the land use you intend for the property.  

If you have a question about your site location, go to the Property Appraiser's website.

For county water and sewer services, call 386-943-7027.

For wells, septic systems and irrigation permitting go to the Volusia County Health Department web site. Their offices and service areas are on the Volusia County Environmental Health site map. The Waterwise Ordinance regulates irrigation systems.

Completion Fees FOR STORMWATER  - these fees are assessed for your project by Development Engineering based on square footage of impervious surface and do not appear on the permit until the permit is ready for certificate of occupancy.

Commercial information sheet
Commercial permit application- (please use 8.5" x 14")
Commercial checklist sheet

For all contractor licensing questions and information contact the county's contractor licensing office.

Building permit applications must be completed by state-licensed contractors, unless the owner qualifies under the Florida statute governing owner builders (FS 489.103). The owner builder must personally appear in the permit office to make applications and sign the permit documents.

Mike Nelson

Constance Bentley
Permit Process Manager



If you have questions concerning zoning classifications, building setbacks, signage, off-street parking, or flood zone information, please call extension 12719. 

Toll free landlines when calling from:

West Volusia

Daytona Beach

New Smyrna Beach