Posted On: November 18, 2019
From a food club, knitting, crocheting and crafting to jewelry-making, body movements and meditation, the New Smyrna Beach Regional Library has a full array of programs in December to help adults learn new skills and make new friends. All of these programs are free of charge at the library, 1001 S. Dixie Freeway. The schedule for the month is as follows:
· Seasonal Eats Food Club: 11:30 a.m. on Monday, Dec. 9. Bring a holiday appetizer and recipe to share.
· Adult crafting: 2 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 10. Make a whimsical decoration using wine corks. Reservations are required and accepted seven days in advance. To register, call 386-424-2910, option 4, or visit volusialibrary.org.
· Knitting and crocheting: 10 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 18. Bring a current knitting or crochet project to stitch away the time with others.
· Create unique jewelry: 10 a.m. Thursday, Dec. 19. Participants should bring their own materials and tools. Jewelry and supplies cannot be sold, but swapping and sharing are encouraged.
· Qigong: 5:30 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 19. Ann Minoff, a certified instructor, will lead this class with gentle physical movements, mental focus and meditation.
The library is open from 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and Saturday.