Make Changes to an Existing Account
Checklist for changes to an existing Business Tax Receipt
Before you continue to the online application, make sure you have ALL (if applicable) of the following ready:
- Your current Volusia County Business Tax Receipt number (12 digits)
- Social Security number or Federal Employer ID number is required per F.S. 205.0535
- Fictitious Name registration will be required.
- Please click here Sunbiz to register your business name, LLC, or Corporation to obtain your Document/Registration number.
- Exemption: Full legal name must be in the business name. For example Handyman Services by John
- State License Number will be required (e.g. Medical Doctor, Real Estate Brokerage, Automotive Dealer and/or Repair, Etc.)
- "Specialty" Contractors License (e.g. Plumber, Roofer, Electrician, etc.) Application will be subject to review by the Contractor Licensing Department.
- City License Number
- If your business is located within city limits, you must first obtain a city license. For city contact information please click here Business Tax Links
*The approval process may take 2-5 business days; however, some applications can take longer. After all reviews have been completed by the Growth and Resource Management Department, the application will be sent to the Treasury and Billing Division for final evaluation. Once your application is approved, you will receive a confirmation email with a bill attached. Click here to check the status check status of application
Once all information is obtained, please click here to begin your Business Tax Receipt application Apply for changes to an existing Business Tax Receipt