Funds for children and community programs
2019 Volusia County Summer Camp Scholarship Program
*Note "If applicable, fill out and submit the following forms with your application packet."
Summer camp scholarships are available to income-eligible children through Volusia County’s Community Assistance Division.
Families with children who are entering first through sixth grade and are between the ages of 5 and 12 may apply for scholarships. Students attending approved special needs camps up to 17 years old are also are eligible.
Scholarship awards are based on income-eligibility and will be awarded according to funding availability. This program offers eligible children partial scholarships to day camps during the seven-week program June 10 – July 26.
Applications will be available for pick-up at the following locations:
- All Volusia County public library branches
- Approved camp sites
- Human Services offices at 123 W. Indiana Ave., Room 101, DeLand; 107 E. Canal St., New Smyrna Beach; and 775 Harley Strickland Blvd., Orange City
Completed applications will be accepted at these times and locations:
- 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday, April 2, at the New Smyrna Beach Regional Library, 1001 S. Dixie Freeway
- 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Thursday, April 4, at the Deltona Regional Library, 2150 Eustace Ave.
- 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday, April 10, at the Midtown Cultural and Education Center, 925 George W. Engram Blvd., Daytona Beach
- 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday, April 17, in the first-floor training room of the Thomas C. Kelly Administration Center, 123 W. Indiana Ave., DeLand
Before April 18, applications will only be accepted in person at the four locations listed above. They will NOT be accepted by mail or in person at any other locations.
After April 17, applications may be submitted in person or by mail to Volusia County Community Assistance, 110 W. Rich Ave., DeLand, FL 32720. Faxed applications will not be accepted. Eligible applicants will be placed on a waiting list until an opening becomes available. For more information, contact Jill Marcum at 386-736-5955.
Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant (JAG) Countywide Program
Emergency Home Energy Assistance for the Elderly Program (EHEAP)
Section 8 program
Volusia County's Housing Choice Voucher Program IS NOT accepting applications at this time.