Volusia County celebrates diversity
Diversity In May
“We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.”
— Mother Teresa
Volusia County government is always looking for new ways to support and promote diversity and inclusion to best serve and reflect our community. As an extension of this belief, we are excited to raise awareness of the many multicultural and diversity-related events that are happening right here in Volusia County.
- May 2019 – Cuban Foundation Collection - MOAS Daytona (Free Tuesdays)
- May 25 to 27– Country 500 Music Festival - Memorial Day Weekend
- May 16 – FREE Virtual Event: Travel Greece & the Greek Islands
Some interesting facts about our diverse world:
- There are over 6,000 languages spoken in the world today, many of which are spoken by fewer than a few hundred people. The top 10 or 12 languages, however, make up the vast majority of all of the speakers in the world.
- French people have the longest life span for women and the third longest for men. France also has the fastest train in the world clocked at 357 mph!
- The German schnitzel is very similar to the Mexican Milanesa. As different as cultures are, there are also a ton of similarities.
- Africa is home to 800 to 1,500 of the world’s languages, making it the most linguistically diverse continent in the world.