***Testing information is continuously changing and evolving. Please contact your healthcare provider or facility when possible to confirm information regarding testing.***
CDC guidance regarding testing
According to the CDC, not everyone needs to be tested for COVID-19. Here is some information that might help in making decisions about seeking care or testing.
CDC has guidance for who should be tested, but decisions about testing are at the discretion of state and local health departments and/or individual clinicians.
Testing may be available at local hospitals, urgent care facilities and physician offices. However, facilities are following CDC guidelines regarding who should be tested. If you are sick and exhibiting symptoms, stay home and contact your primary care physician or urgent care. Drive-up/walk-up testing is also available throughout the county.
For those who meet criteria, testing is available at the following locations:
Health Care Facilities
- All three Halifax Health locations, as well as Halifax Health Urgent Care in Ormond Beach.
- Advent Health CentraCare facilities.
- Beginning May 1, Jena Medical Group in Orange City is offering a rapid finger prick test, which test antiobdies to see if someone has the virus, has had the virus or has not contracted the virus. To make an appointment, which is required, call 386-774-1881. All major insurances are accepted, and those without insurance will be charged $51.
- The state is offering drive-through nasal swab testing for COVID-19 at University High School, 1000 W. Rhode Island Ave., Orange City. The site will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. or until kits are gone. Read more.
- The state will open a "pop up" test site at 8 a.m. Thursday, June 4, at Publix, 2100 Saxon Blvd., Deltona. The site will adminster 100 tests per day and may operate for up to two weeks.
- CVS Health is offering self-swab tests to individuals meeting CDC criteria. Testing must be scheduled online, and will take place through the pharmacy drive-thru window at the following locations:
- CVS Pharmacy, 101 South Ridgewood Avenue, Daytona Beach 32114
- CVS Pharmacy, 250 East Granada Blvd, Ormond Beach 32176
- CVS Pharmacy, 901 North Woodland Blvd, DeLand 32720
- CVS Pharmacy, 2187 Howland Blvd, Deltona 32738
- Family Health Source is offering walk-up testing at the sites below. Call the Family Health Source direct COVID-19/Tele- visit call line at 386-327-6045 with questions.
- DeLand – Ongoing at Family Health Source, 1205 S Woodland Blvd, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Pierson – June 1 - 5 at Taylor Middle School, 100 E Washington Ave., from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8:30 a.m. to noon Friday
- Holly Hill – June 8 - 12 at Holly Hill Middle School, 1500 Center Ave., from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8:30 a.m. to noon Friday
Antibody Testing FAQ
View the antibody testing information document provided by the Florida Department of Health.