Tom Renick Park
Location: 1565 Ocean Shore Blvd.. Ormond-by-the-Sea
(about 3.7 miles north of Granada Boulevard on S.R. A1A)
This beachfront park, which opened in January 2003, is part of the county's continuing effort to provide beachfront recreation and off-beach parking.
- Sheltered picnic areas
- Children's playground with padded floor
- Disability-accessible restrooms
- Water fountain
- Outdoor showers
- 52 off-street parking spaces
- Handicapped parking
- Wheelchair-accessible wooden beach walkway
- ADA beach accessible ramp
The park is named after former Beach Director Tom Renick, who became a lifeguard in 1969 and died from cancer in 2001.