The Volusia ECHO program, generated by a grass roots initiative, resulted from a citizen approved referendum passed November 7, 2000. Volusia ECHO provides grant funds to finance acquisition, restoration, construction or improvement of facilities to be used for environmental, cultural, historical and outdoor recreational purposes. Resolution 2000-156 states: It is the intent of the County Council that the funds be allocated throughout the County to provide broad geographical distribution and apportioned appropriately among the environmental, cultural, historic and outdoor recreation projects. The Volusia ECHO Program seeks to enhance the quality of life of Volusia County's residents by working to achieve the following goals over a broad geographic base:
- Provide environmental/ecological, cultural, historical/heritage, and outdoor recreational facilities.
- Preserve significant archaeological or historic resources; and develop, enhance, and promote heritage tourism opportunities, experiences, and resources.
- Foster public memory and community identity by promoting and providing access to destinations and experiences associated with past events, peoples, and places within the County of Volusia.
- Provide high quality, user oriented outdoor recreational opportunities including, but not limited to, access to the Atlantic Ocean through the establishment of oceanfront parks and off-beach parking.
- Improve the quality of life for Volusia's citizens by providing access to the cultural arts, increase cultural based tourism, and encourage redevelopment and revitalization of downtown and urban areas through the provision of cultural arts facilities.
Application Form for FY2015/16 Grant Cycle
Beginning Monday, December 21, 2015, a working template of this year's ECHO Grant application form will be available by clicking on the Download Application Template link.
This form can be opened with Microsoft Word and saved directly onto your computer to be worked on at any time prior to the deadline for submission. Always be sure to save your work frequently.
Submitting Completed Application
Once you have completed your application and you are ready to submit it, you will need to save the completed form as an Adobe PDF document. The document should be named to clearly identify the name of the submitting organization and FY 2015/16 cycle designation. Instructions for submitting supplemental materials that cannot be included in the in the PDF document will be provided at the mandatory grant workshop. Organizations who attend the mandatory workshop will be emailed the password necessary to submit an application. Once you have uploaded a saved application, you will not be able to delete or edit it. Should it be necessary to submit a revised application, contact the system administrator at email@example.com for assistance.
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING COMPLETED TECHNICAL COMPLETENESS APPLICATIONS WILL BE 5 P.M., JANUARY 29, 2016. AFTER THIS DATE AND TIME THIS LINK WILL BE CLOSED AND THE SYSTEM WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY ADDITIONAL APPLICATIONS.
To submit a completed application, click on the Upload Completed Application link and select the saved PDF document file from your computer that you wish to submit. Remember, if you have several versions on your computer, be sure to select the most current one that you wish to have reviewed by the ECHO Advisory Committee. Be sure to save a copy of the final submitted version on your computer.