The Volusia County Tax Collector is an appointed position in the Department of Financial and Administrative Services. The Revenue division carries out the duties of the tax collector, provides tag and title transaction services, and serves as the cashier for the county. These services include the following:
- Collection of real estate and personal property taxes, local business taxes (BTR), and other taxes or special assessments on behalf of the county and various taxing authorities.
- Serves as agent for the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles to register and title vehicles, mobile homes, and vessels, and issues disabled parking permits.
- Serves as agent for the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission to issue hunting and fishing licenses.
- Collection of the Volusia County Tourist and Convention Development Tax.
- Serves as the county’s cashier for revenues such as building permits, water bills, dog tags, hauling permits, false alarms, water citation, beach parking tickets, and Votran passes.
- Registration of Domestic Partnerships
Many of the services and information provided by Revenue are available online and can be accessed through the navigation links to the left of this page. Or, you can select a quick link below to access the most common services directly:
Property Tax records and payments can be searched online, 24 hours a day.
For questions regarding real estate and tangible tax, business tax, tourist and convention development tax, public service tax, or the tax certificate sale:
386-736-5938 West Volusia
386-254-4635 Daytona Beach
386-423-3325 New Smyrna Beach
For questions regarding tag and title services or hunting and fishing licenses:
386-736-5936 West Volusia
386-254-4610 Daytona Beach
386-423-3322 New Smyrna Beach
Electronic mail notice: Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone, or in writing at one of the Revenue Division addresses listed below.