This year, November 30th falls on a Sunday. Florida law provides that we can accept your tax payment in the office on Monday December 1st, 2014 with a 4% discount. Payments that are mailed in to the office with a postmark no later than November 30th will be accepted with the 4% discount.
Our offices will be closed for the Thanksgiving Holiday on Thursday November 27th, and Friday November 28th. We will re-open on Monday December 1st.
The Volusia County Tax Collector is an appointed position in the Department of Financial and Administrative Services. The Revenue Division carries out the duties of the tax collector, provides tag and title transaction services, and serves as the cashier for the county. These services include the following
- Collection of real estate and personal property taxes, local business taxes (BTR), and other taxes or special assessments on behalf of the county and various taxing authorities.
- Serves as agent for the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles to register and title vehicles, mobile homes, and vessels, and issues disabled parking permits.
- Serves as agent for the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission to issue hunting and fishing licenses.
- Collection of the Volusia County tourist and convention development tax.
- Serves as the county’s cashier for revenues such as building permits, water bills, dog tags, hauling permits, water citation, beach parking tickets, and Votran passes.
- Registration of domestic partnerships
The elected Property Appraiser, Morgan Gilreath, determines the
appraised value of properties in Volusia County, the exemptions due to property owners, and maintains the owner name
and mailing address for each piece of property.
Property Appraiser search
The Volusia County Council and other taxing authorities set the millage rates. Millage rate data can be found on the tax roll information section of the Property Appraiser's website.
Many of the services and information provided by Revenue are available online and can be accessed through the navigation links to the left of this page. You may also select a quick link below to access the most common services directly:
Property tax records and payments can be searched online, 24 hours a day.
For questions regarding real estate and tangible tax, business tax, tourist and convention development tax, public service tax, or the tax certificate sale:
386-736-5938 West Volusia
386-254-4635 Daytona Beach
386-423-3325 New Smyrna Beach
Tag, Title and Cashiering
For questions regarding tag and title services or hunting and fishing licenses and cashiering services:
386-736-5936 West Volusia
386-254-4610 Daytona Beach
386-423-3322 New Smyrna Beach
Electronic mail notice: Under Florida law, email addresses are public records. If you do not want your email address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone, or in writing at one of the Revenue Division addresses listed below.