The Gemini Springs Dog Park, 37 Dirksen Drive, DeBary, is a 4.5-acre fenced area of Gemini Springs Park with two sections – one for small dogs 25 pounds and under and another for large dogs over 25 pounds. The park includes shaded areas, dog wash stations, water fountains for dogs, benches and picnic tables.
The dog park is the result of action taken by the Parks, Recreation and Culture Division after a survey showed strong citizen interest for more dog parks in Volusia County. Dogs are allowed at all county parks, but they must be leashed at all times.
Rules of the Gemini Springs Dog Park park include:
- The area is for dogs and their handlers, not children.
- Puppies must be at least four months old.
- Dogs must wear a collar with current rabies and ID tags.
- Handlers must carry a leash at all times. Dogs must be leashed when entering and leaving the park.
- Handlers must clean up immediately after their dogs.
- Dogs in heat are not allowed.
- Dogs showing aggression toward other dogs or people must be removed.
- Handlers are responsible legally for their dogs and injuries caused by them.
- An adult dog handler always must be within view and voice command of each dog.