Do you need the registration application?
The purpose of the Volusia County Contractor Licensing Activity is to establish a centralized and uniform system for
the local regulation and discipline of registered contractors, the listing and discipline of state certified
contractors pursuant to Chapter 489, Florida Statutes Parts I and II, and the regulation and discipline of local
specialty contractors pursuant to Chapter 22 of the Volusia County Code of Ordinances within Volusia County and the
municipalities within Volusia County except for the city of Pierson.
Services covered include:
- Sponsorship of examinations to applicants qualified for Local Specialty Licenses, Master Electricians or Journeyman Competency Cards
- Issuance and renewal of contractors' certificates of competency and listings
- Processing of construction-related complaints
- Investigation and discipline of unlicensed activity
- Disciplinary actions against licensed contractors
- Licensing and complaint-related field inspections
Schedule for Volusia County Contractor Licensing and Construction Appeals Board meetings for 2013/14.
E-update - From time to time there are changes to fee schedules or procedures. We would like to keep you up to date by making sure you get the information you need.