County Council meetings
View all County Council actions including those from previous meetings.
View full version agenda with supporting documents in pdf format and searchable online minutes from past meetings.
View all upcoming County Council events, meetings and workshops.
Council meetings are typically held on Tuesdays (usually on the first and third Tuesday of each month) and start at 9:30 a.m. Public participation is held at 9:30 a.m. View the County Council calendar for exact dates and times.
Meetings are usually held on the second floor of the Thomas C. Kelly Administration Center, 123 W. Indiana Ave., DeLand.
All County Council meetings are open to the public.
The County Council welcomes and encourages public comments during meetings. Public comments on items not on the County Council's printed agenda can be presented to the County Chair or county staff members at 9:30 a.m. on meeting days. Public comments on any matter also are heard at the end of each meeting.
If you wish to speak during the meeting on matters on the printed agenda, please fill out a Request to Appear Before the County Council form found at the back of the County Council chambers near both doors. Please give the form to a County staff member and your name will be called when it's your turn to speak. For more information, contact the County Manager's Office at 386-736-5920.
Assistance is available for persons with disabilities needing a special accommodation.
A proclamation is an official document issued by the Volusia County Council to commemorate a specific time period (day, week or month) to raise awareness about an issue; celebrate milestones or community events; recognize heroic acts; or honor Volusia County individuals or groups who have made outstanding contributions to Volusia County.
There are several free parking lots in the downtown DeLand area near the Thomas C. Kelly Administration Center. Parking in some lots is limited to a certain number of hours, and cars left in these lots longer than the time limit may be ticketed. These time limits are posted in each lot.
Parking lots near the Thomas C. Kelly Administration Center include:
- Rich Avenue across the street and north of the Thomas C. Kelly Administration Center
- The Historic Courthouse parking lot at Indiana Avenue and Florida Avenue
- The county-owned lot on the northeast corner of Church Street and North Florida Avenue (just west of the Rich Avenue lot)
- The county parking lot on West Rich Avenue just west of its intersection with Florida Avenue (on the north side of the Athens Theater)
- The parking lot on East Rich Avenue across from Tom’s Pizza between Thomas C. Kelly Administration Center and the Volusia County Courthouse on Alabama Avenue