County Council Proclamations
A proclamation is an official document issued by the Volusia County Council to commemorate a specific time period (day, week or month) to raise awareness about an issue; celebrate milestones or community events; recognize heroic acts; or honor Volusia County individuals or groups who have made outstanding contributions to Volusia County.
- Proclamation requests must be submitted by Volusia County residents.
- Proclamations must be sponsored by an individual County Council member and approved by the Volusia County Council before they are issued.
- Proclamations are generally not presented during County Council meetings, but they may be considered on rare occasions.
- Proclamations may be presented off-site and, when possible, a County Council member will be scheduled to make the presentation.
- As an alternative, the County Council may choose to send a letter instead of a proclamation.
- When possible, we ask that requests be submitted at least three weeks in advance.
Proclamations typically are not issued for:
- Weddings, birthdays and family reunions
- Persons stepping down from advisory boards or committees
Requests that are advertisements, commercial or political in nature, or promote one religion over others will not be approved.
How to request a proclamation
Each proclamation must have a Volusia County Council sponsor. To request a proclamation, please contact the county chair, vice chair, at-large representative or your district representative:
For more information, contact Community Information Specialist Pat Kuehn at email@example.com or 386-822-5062, ext. 12934.
Proclamation requests awaiting approval
The County Council approved these requests during its June 5, 2018, meeting:
- Memorial Day - May 28, 2018
- West Volusia NAACP Day - June 9, 2018
- New Smyrna Beach History Day - June 16, 2018
- Daytona Beach NAACP Day - June 16, 2018
- Edwin Peck Sr. Day - June 21, 2018
The County Council approved these proclamation requests during its June 19, 2018, meeting:
- Juneteenth Celebration Day - June 13, 2018
- CQ Florida Amateur Radio Week - June 17 to 24, 2018
- Amateur Radio Operators Week - June 18 to 24, 2018
- Bethlehem Missionary Baptist Church Day - June 24, 2018
- Mosquito Awareness Week - June 24 to 30, 2018
The County Council will review these proclamation requests during its July 10, 2018, meeting:
The County Council will review this proclamation request during its July 24, 2018 meeting:
- The Rev. Dr. Warren B. Jackson - July 28, 2018