The Volusia ECHO program, generated by a grass roots initiative, resulted from a citizen approved referendum passed November 7, 2000. Volusia ECHO provides grant funds to finance acquisition, restoration, construction or improvement of facilities to be used for environmental, cultural, historical and outdoor recreational purposes. Resolution 2000-156 states: It is the intent of the County Council that the funds be allocated throughout the County to provide broad geographical distribution and apportioned appropriately among the environmental, cultural, historic and outdoor recreation projects. The Volusia ECHO Program seeks to enhance the quality of life of Volusia County's residents by working to achieve the following goals over a broad geographic base:
- Provide environmental/ecological, cultural, historical/heritage, and outdoor recreational facilities.
- Preserve significant archaeological or historic resources; and develop, enhance, and promote heritage tourism opportunities, experiences, and resources.
- Foster public memory and community identity by promoting and providing access to destinations and experiences associated with past events, peoples, and places within the County of Volusia.
- Provide high quality, user oriented outdoor recreational opportunities including, but not limited to, access to the Atlantic Ocean through the establishment of oceanfront parks and off-beach parking.
- Improve the quality of life for Volusia's citizens by providing access to the cultural arts, increase cultural based tourism, and encourage redevelopment and revitalization of downtown and urban areas through the provision of cultural arts facilities.
2018/2019 ECHO Grant Application Submittals
- Download the ECHO Standard and Exceptional Grant Application (PDF format) (Word format)
- Upload Completed Application
Contact Jill Marcum at 386/736-5955 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance
2018/2019 Application Submittal Deadlines:
Technical Completeness Application (Mandatory): November 8, 2018 @ 5pm
Final Grant Application (Mandatory): December 13, 2018 @ 5pm