close icon

COVID-19 (coronavirus) Update. Stay informed with the latest information.


Residential permits


To help slow the spread of the coronavirus, this office is closed to the public until further notice. Staff is still working to provide services. Feel free to call us or send us an email.

For all contractor licensing questions and information contact the county's contractor licensing office.

A property owner may act as the contractor. Owner builders should review the statute governing who qualifies. The owner builder must personally appear in the permit office to make applications and sign the permit documents.

For county water and sewer services, please call 386-943-7027.

For wells, septic systems and irrigation permitting go to the Florida Department of Health in Volusia County website. Their offices and service areas are indicated on the Volusia County Environmental Health site map. The Waterwise Ordinance regulates irrigation systems.

If you have a question about your site location, go to the Property Appraiser's website.

Completion fees for new homes - these fees do not appear on the permit until the permit is ready for certificate of occupancy.
Stormwater Management Fee (unincorporated area only)
Garbage Collection Fee (unincorporated area).

Click Here to access the list of minimum documentation requirements for all projects, additional information may be required by the plans reviewer.

Note: Most applications require an affidavit of drainage control (ADC). Please review survey requirements.

Single family/duplex permits
To get a permit for a single family or duplex project review the requirements and complete the forms (pdf) below.   

Single family dwelling requirements

Residential Plan Review Checklist 2007 Florida Building Code
Single Family Residential Information Sheet
Single Family/Duplex Residential Checklist
Residential/mobile home application (please use 8.5" x 14")

Small residential permits
To get a permit for residential accessory structures, additions, or alterations, an Addition / Alteration application must be submitted. For tree or wetland projects that are not part of a building project, an Environmental Permit Application must be submitted. There may be additional project requirements depending on your specific property and project type. Review requirements for site plan and survey.  

Additional forms

Energy form - 1100B-08
In-ground pool forms package (10 pages) (use 8.5" x 14")
Minor residential checklist
Small residential forms package (19 pages) (use 8.5" x 14")
Small residential information sheet
Violation - work started without a permit (16 pages) (use 8.5" x 14")

Additional information You might want to review the information lists and other forms on our site.
Link to Forms page.

    How Can We Serve You?

    Contact Us

    If you don't find what you're looking for you can reach out to us through our contact form. Thank you!

    123 W. Indiana Ave.
    DeLand, FL 32720
    (386) 736-2700

    We use cookies to provide and improve our services. By using our site, you consent to cookies.