LIMITED OFFICE HOURS
To help slow the spread of the coronavirus, this office has reduced public office hours. Until further notice, the office will be open to the public during these hours:
- Mondays: 8 a.m. to noon
- Tuesdays: 1 to 5 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8 a.m. to noon
- Thursdays: 1 to 5 p.m.
- Fridays: 8 a.m. to noon
Frequently asked questions
Subdividing or combining lots
Development Engineering is responsible for providing engineering reviews and inspections for subdivisions, site plans/stormwater management, subdivision exemption applications, determinations of vested rights and use permits.
Subdivision reviews involve review of subdivision plans at the following stages:
Sketch plan - deals with level of development in flood plain, if any.
Overall development plan - preliminary layout of roads, lots, drainage retention areas, etc.
Preliminary plat - review of plat and construction drawings and detailed stormwater review.
Final plat - review of final plat.
- Final site plan reviews consist of review of site plans for compliance with the Land Development Code. Items reviewed are: access, traffic circulation, sidewalk needs, legal parcel, turn lane requirements together with stormwater review.
- Stormwater reviews consist of checking stormwater calculations, grading plan, soils compatibility with plan, water table determination, retention area slopes, stabilization of slopes, checking for St. Johns permits, affect on adjacent lands, etc.
- Unrecorded subdivision determinations involve review proposals for compliance with exempted activities under the Land Development Code such as lot line adjustments, lot combinations, etc.
- Use permit reviews involve reviewing submitted plans for compliance with County standards. Use permits are required before doing any type work in the right-of-way, such as driveway connections and underground utilities.
- Use permit inspections - Utility, preliminary driveway, road/turn lane construction, miscellaneous
- Complaint investigations - Obstructions in right-of-way, drainage problems
- Subdivision improvement inspections Progressive and final inspection of roads, underground utilities, drainage systems, retention area
- Final site plan inspections
- Inspection of final site plan improvements, especially stormwater and access improvements
Applications and Forms
Use Permit Checklist and Instructions
Use Permit Application
Current fee schedule
Paver Driveway Required Forms
To schedule inspections or to get permit or inspection status, call our automated inspection system at 386-736-5928.