1. Notify the Adopt a Road Coordinator at 386-943-7889 of cleanup date.
2. Notify your group of meeting place and time.
3. Before you scheduled cleanup, pick up supplies from Adopt-A-Road Program Coordinator during work hours (8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday).
4. Walk or drive your road segment prior to meeting with your group to note construction areas and other hazards. Share this information with your group in safety talk.
5. Remember to bring a first aid kit, plenty of water and directions to the nearest hospital.
1. Take a head count. Divide into teams as appropriate. Each team should have a Team Leader assigned.
2. Make sure there is at least one adult for every seven participants under 15 and that all participants are at least 10 years old.
3. Check for appropriate clothing. Hand out safety vests.
4. Ensure that participants are not under the influence of drugs and alcohol.
5. Review cleanup and safety procedures with the group. This should be done before every cleanup.
1. Check that cars are parked as far off the road as possible.
2. POST THE WARNING SIGN PRIOR TO STARTING CLEANUP.
3. Remove warning signs when cleanup is complete
1. Collect safety vests and warning signs.
2. Notify Adopt a Road Program Coordinator that cleanup is complete. Report where litter bags are located, number of bags, and location of any hazardous materials and animal carcasses.