Volusia County Industrial Development Authority
b. Public purpose - The authority reviews and processes commercial/industrial projects submitted for tax-free revenue bond financing permitted under state and federal laws and makes recommendations on these matters to the Volusia County Council. The five-member Authority is appointed by the Volusia County Council and meets as needed.
e. Charter / creation document (Community development districts may reference Chapter 190, Florida Statutes - Community Development Districts, as the uniform charter, but must include information relating to any grant of special powers) – The Authority was authorized to transact business and exercise the powers upon the adoption by the County Council of Volusia County (the "County") of a resolution declaring a need for the Authority to function in the County. Among the powers granted to the Authority under the Act is the power to issue industrial development revenue bonds. The issuance of each issue of industrial development revenue bonds by the Authority is subject to the approval or disapproval of the county Council of the County (the "County Council"). Volusia County Resolution No. 1979-79
f. Statute or statutes under which the special district operates, if different from the statute or statutes under which the special district was established. Suggest including Chapter 189, Florida Statutes - Uniform Special District Accountability Act – Creation and Purposes of the Authority. The Authority is an Industrial Development Authority created as a public body corporate and politic for the purpose of financing and refinancing capital projects as defined in, for the public purposes described in, and in the manner and with the powers provided by, Florida Statutes, Chapter 159, Part II Florida Industrial Development Financing Act, and Part III Industrial Development Authorities, collectively subsections 159.25-159.53 (the "Act").
- a. Mailing address – 700 Catalina Drive, Suite 200, Daytona Beach, FL 32114
- b. e-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org
- c. Telephone number- 386-248-8048
- d. Website address – floridabusiness.org
- e. Registered agent / registered office (name and address of registered agent on file with the Special District Accountability Program) – Brad Harris, 700 Catalina Drive, Suite 200, Daytona Beach, FL 32114
- f. For each governing body member:
- Dennis Stark, Chairman 205 Victoria Commons Blvd., DeLand 32724 - email@example.com term - expires 7/19/20
- James Smith, Vice-Chairman, 414 Florida Avenue, New Smyrna Beach 32169 - firstname.lastname@example.org term - expires 7/20/19
- N. Rick Dawson 1 Pine Valley Circle, Ormond Beach 32174 - Rick.Dawson@Silversphere.com - term expires 7/19/22
- D. Kent Sharples, Secretary 825 Ballough Road, Ste. 210, Daytona Beach 32114 – email@example.com – expires 7/19/21
a. Taxes, fees, assessments, or charges imposed and collected – application and closing fees
b. Rates or amounts for the current fiscal year - 0