Want to apply to our listing program for state licensed contractors? Click here for the Contractor Listing application.
Want to apply to get a Local Specialty License or apply for a Journeyman Competency Card? Click here: https://www.volusia.org/services/growth-and-resource-management/building-and-zoning/contractor-licensing/forms-and-applications.stml
Purpose: The purpose of the Volusia County Contractor Licensing activity is to establish a centralized and uniform system for the local regulation and discipline of registered contractors, the listing and discipline of state certified contractors pursuant to Chapter 489, Florida Statutes Parts I and II, and the regulation and discipline of local specialty contractors pursuant to Chapter 22 of the Volusia County Code of Ordinances within the unincorporated county and all the municipalities within Volusia County except for the City of Pierson.
- Sponsorship of examinations to applicants qualified for Local Specialty Licenses, Master Electricians or Journeyman Competency Cards
- Issuance and renewal of contractors' certificates of competency and listings
- Investigation and discipline of unlicensed activity
- Disciplinary actions against local specialty contractors
Office Location and Hours:
Thomas C. Kelly Administration Center
123 W. Indiana Avenue, Room 203
DeLand, FL 32720
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday excluding holidays
- Online - Go to ConnectLivePermits.org and login to your account. Don't have an account yet? Contact Contractor Licensing to get the information needed to create your account.
- In person - Go to any of the 4 conveniently located Revenue offices in Daytona Beach, DeLand, New Smyrna Beach and Orange CIty. Click for locations and hours of these offices,
- By mail - Contact Contractor Licensing for the correct fee amount and an invoice number. Write the invoice number on your check made payable to County of Volusia. Mail your check to County of Volusia, Revenue Office, Room 102, 123 W. Indiana Avenue, DeLand, FL 32720.