Medical Advisory Board
The Volusia County Emergency Medical Services Medical Advisory Board is composed of physicians representing the various key components of the EMS System. The Medical Advisory Board advises the County Medical Director and the EMS Division on issues pertaining to the EMS System, including but not limited to EMS System pre-hospital patient care protocols, research initiatives, hospital emergency department interface issues, and/or new technologies and clinical procedures.
Chaired by the County Medical Director, the board includes physician representatives from all hospital emergency departments in Volusia County, the Volusia County Medical Examiner's Office, the Florida Department of Health in Volusia County and the Volusia County Medical Society.
Membership on the EMS Medical Advisory Board is through appointment by the Volusia County Council and is composed of:
- The county Medical Director
- The Emergency Department Physician Director from each hospital emergency department in the county and the Central Florida Regional Hospital in Sanford, Fla.
- The physician Medical Director of the Florida Department of Health in Volusia County
- A physician representative of the County Medical Examiner’s Office
- A physician representative of the Volusia County Medical Society